Special Assistance Agents
Our Special Assistance agents put customer service at the heart of their everyday work. The team support passengers with reduced mobility throughout their airport experience, from check-in to aircraft ensuring they travel safely and comfortably. We want passengers to enjoy their time at the airport, reassured that they are being well cared for by our colleagues. We aim to provide a personalised service by capturing accurate passenger information, while being flexible and sensitive to any changes in their requirements.
The Special assistance agent role is varied and challenging, day to day you’ll be responsible for:
- Taking care of passengers with special access assisting them with their baggage and personal effects
- Determining the level of assistance required for each individual passenger
- Explaining the process to the passenger and assisting with any queries
- Complying will all relevant safety procedures
- Assisting passengers throughout the airport and on/off the aircraft, utilising wheelchairs and other equipment
- Providing manual lifting assistance as required.
This role requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time.
No previous experience is required as we pride ourselves in offering full training which includes classroom and on-the job training; however, you do need to have:
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a passion for delivering excellent customer service, with a high level of care and attention to customers.
- This is an active role that requires you to be physically fit and to be able to manually lift passengers with restricted mobility into their seat
- Ability to speak and understand the English language (an ability to speak an additional language would be desirable)
- An ability to deal with difficult and challenging situations.
- A willingness to work in inclement weather
- Your own transport to enable you to travel to the Airport at times when public transport is not available (this is very limited)
- Be fully flexible to cover a 24/7 operation which will include nightshifts, early mornings, weekends and bank holidays. Shift lengths varying between 4-12 hours.
You’ll need to adopt a flexible approach to your working hours as we operate a shift-based operation which includes early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Shifts may vary in length depending on the demands of the Operation.
What’s on offer
- Life Assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free on-site parking whilst on duty
- Free Airport parking when you go on holiday (subject to availability)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on Fred Olsen Holidays
- Discounts with Airport retailers including the Navigator Restaurant and regular employee sales at World Duty Free
- Comprehensive training package and Fantastic career development opportunities
- Full uniform provided
Starting salary £9.71 per hour – 30 hours per week, rising on 1 April 2023 to a minimum of £16,614 (£10.65 per hour)
How to apply
If you are interested e-mail your CV along with a covering letter/e-mail explaining why you would be suitable for the role to [email protected]
Please note if you have not heard from us within four weeks, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.