Bournemouth Airport is launching a major recruitment drive to attract up to 75 new staff as it gears up for the new season and growing demand for international cargo handling.
The airport, which currently employs around 230 personnel, will be holding a recruitment open day on Thursday 27th January in the main departures terminal from 2pm to 8pm.
It is looking to fill a wide range of posts including aviation security officer, passenger services agent, cleaners, arrivals agent, cargo agent, and airside ramp agent.
Airport staff enjoy a range of benefits including free on-site parking while on duty, free airport parking when they go on holiday, discounts on Fred Olsen holidays, pension scheme and life assurance. Full training and uniform are provided and there are great career development opportunities.
Steve Gill, managing director of Bournemouth Airport, said: “We know there’s pent-up demand for holidays after two years of coronavirus disruption, and advance bookings are looking very positive. At the same time Bournemouth Airport has developed a significant international freight operation, which continues to grow.
“That means we’re looking to recruit 75 new staff in the next few months across a range of roles, and we look forward to welcoming people to our open day to meet our teams and find out more.”
Bournemouth Airport is offering 33 destinations for the 2022/23 season from ski holidays to summer sun and city breaks. New for 2022 are Bergerac in France, Budapest in Hungary, Wroclaw in Poland and Zadar in Croatia. TUI and Ryanair are the airport’s main operators.
The airport has also seen growing demand for freight with Bournemouth-based European Cargo (amongst others) operating regular services to the Far East and the US.
These are some of the jobs that will be featured during next week’s recruitment open day:
Delivering an outstanding customer experience while maintaining the safety and integrity of the airport and passengers. Duties include:
- Carrying out ID and boarding card checks
- Searching customers, vehicles, staff and airline crew
- Security, mobile patrols and perimeter checks
- Carrying out security checks on cabin baggage
- Operating security equipment such as X-Ray machines
Providing help and support to ensure a smooth and seamless customer experience for passengers. Duties include:
- Greeting and checking passengers’ travel documentation together with relevant documentation
- Check passengers into airline systems in line with company policies and procedures, and regulatory and airline requirements
- Asking relevant security questions
- Reconciliation of passengers at boarding gates
Providing the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by airlines, following safety, security and airline-specific procedures. Duties include:
- Loading of the aircraft, following loading instructions and weight and balance parameters.
- Unloading passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Driving and/or operating ground support equipment
- Working to legal regulations and company requirements
Ensuring an exceptional level of cleaning service is delivered across all areas of the airport. Duties include:
- Carrying out regular checks both inside and outside of the terminal to ensure the standards of cleanliness exceed passengers’ expectations
- Carrying out a range of cleaning activities throughout the airport
- Dealing with customer requests promptly and courteously
- Ensuring that equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored correctly
Bournemouth Airport’s recruitment day takes place on: Thursday January 27th in the main departures terminal from 2pm to 8pm.
There is no need to book, simply come along on the day or email [email protected] for more information.
Free parking is provided on the day.
Find out more at https://www.bournemouthairport.com/careers-and-vacancies/