We are currently seeking Aviation Security Officers to join our busy team on a part-time basis. The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours to include weekends and unsociable hours, to meet the challenge of seasonal business. This may require the working of additional hours during the summer season and reduced hours during the winter season. The basic salary will remain consistent across all working months.
Reporting to the Security Supervisor the successful candidates will be required to provide a positive greeting and a high level of customer service to all airport users including internal and external customers. As such, all candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills experienced in a customer facing environment.
Although aviation security experience is desirable it is unlikely that you would ever have the relevant security experience for these roles unless you have previously worked at an airport, so full training will be provided to the successful candidates to ensure that they have the knowledge, skills and confidence required to carry out this vital role. We are seeking candidates who are able to :
- Communicate directly and clearly to both colleagues and passengers.
- Have experience in a previous customer service based role.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service at all times.
- Be enthusiastic, pro-active and have an excellent attention to detail.
- Be able to work both individually and with other members of the team.
- Be successful in carrying out multitasking duties.
The main duties of the position will include:
- To carry out all types of searches as required for aviation security;
- To operate the x-ray equipment to screen all luggage for both the cabin and hold including other items being carried into restricted areas
- To manually search luggage and items when appropriate to ensure no prohibited items are taken into the restricted zone
- To search vehicles and items when appropriate to ensure no prohibited items are taken into the restricted zoneTo check identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access to restricted areas
- To consistently treat passengers, staff and crew with courtesy and respect providing excellent customer service and assistance when required.
- To patrol the terminal and airside areas to ensure that the terminal is secure and the safety of the Airport and passengers
All of these duties require standing bending and long periods of time spent standing and walking.
Other Requirements of the position:
- 5 years’ previous work history, along with completion of a criminal record check and counter terrorism check prior to starting (essential).
- Excellent communication skills– both oral and written – experience gained in a face to face customer service environment
- Attention to detail
- Flexible according to operational needs
- Good administration skills, including basic computer skills
- Clean driving licence
£9.82 per hour – 30 hours per week.
If you are interested please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter/e-mail explaining why you would be suitable for the role to [email protected]
Please note: If you have not heard from us within four weeks please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.