We have exciting opportunities to join our Ground Handling Team within our Cargo Warehouse to play a vital part in our busy and expanding operation. No previous experience is required as full training is provided.
Please note that this is a fixed term contract ending 31 March 2024.
The Cargo Warehouse Agent role is varied and challenging, and as part of the Handling team you will be responsible for:
- Working in our Cargo Warehouse breaking and building pallets for the aircraft or customer lorries
- Working to legal regulations and company requirements; operating all equipment in a safe manner and maintaining a clear and safe working environment for you and your colleagues
- Ensuring the delivery of an efficient and friendly service that meets the needs of our customers
- Always maintaining the highest standards of safety and security
Although full training will be provided if you are successful, you will need to have:
- The ability to work as an individual and as part of a team in a challenging environment
- The ability to follow strict processes and procedures
- Physical fitness to lift weights up to 32kg. You will need to be physically fit and able to carry out this role.
- The resilience to work in all weathers
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to understand & communicate in the English Language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
What’s on offer:
- Life Assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free on-site parking whilst on duty
- Free Airport parking when you go on holiday (subject to availability)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on Fred Olsen Holidays
- Discounts with Airport retailers including the Navigator Restaurant and regular employee sales at World Duty Free
- Comprehensive training package and Fantastic career development opportunities
- Full uniform provided
You’ll need to adopt a flexible approach to your working hours, at present this opportunity is for three fixed days of working per week. This includes early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Shifts start times may vary in length depending on the demands of the Operation.
Starting salary – £11.60 per hour (£18,096 for 30 hours)
How to apply: If you are interested please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter/e-mail explaining why you would be suitable for the role to [email protected]. Please note if you have not heard from us within four weeks please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
All applicants must undertake a Criminal Record check and provide 5 years of checkable referencing history.
No previous experience necessary – Full training provided