Car Park Supervisor
This is a full-time role consisting of six 8.5 hours shift over a 9-day period.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this role is to provide effective leadership, direction, and motivation to a team of staff ensuring best practice is adhered to. To provide ongoing training and support to the team whilst maintaining the prescribed standards of quality, safety and delivering continuous improvement.
Summary of Role
Reporting to the Duty Terminal Operations Managers, the successful candidate will work as part of a team to ensure the smooth running of the Bournemouth Airport car parks. They will demonstrate an excellent customer service at all times across all levels of communication. The Car Park Supervisor will ensure the efficient operation to include maintaining the car park equipment to a high working standard and accurate reporting that is kept up to date at all times. The Supervisor will take responsibility for revenue reporting, H&S checks and timesheets and report in a timely manner to the relevant BOH department. The Supervisor will implement standard operating procedures and risk assessments.
- To ensure that the car park team is visible and excellent customer service is provided to all customers and business partners.
- To ensure that training records are kept up to date and refresher training is offered when required.
- To ensure all reports are submitted to meet BOH deadlines.
- To provide car park support to the DTOM and to assist in the recruitment process where necessary.
- To provide support to the Information Desk and PRM Teams where appropriate.
- To ensure effective monitoring of the traffic flow into the Car Parks and pro-actively challenge inappropriate parking.
- To complete daily revenue reconciliation including validations and cancelled transactions.
- To carry out regular audits and spot checks of system events reports.
- To provide weekly/monthly reports to the BOH finance team.
- To plan and communicate rosters, scheduling holidays.
- To organise, manage and motivate the team ensuring delivery of allocated tasks including regular patrols and car park appearance.
- To ensure compliance with BOH policies on Health & Safety is always adhered to.
- To ensure that all team members are confident in undertaking first line maintenance on the car parking equipment.
- To ensure all members of staff are following agreed working practices and operating procedures.
- To ensure all faults are reported, followed up and signed off as and when completed.
- To ensure that all incidents are recorded thoroughly and accurately in the appropriate incident reporting system with any action follow ups being recorded.
- To ensure that all staff conform to uniform regulations.
- To keep up to date of the legislative, best practice and other changes within the parking services industry and customer service delivery that may affect the operation.
- To contribute to corporate initiatives as required.
- To maintain excellent communication throughout the team.
- To monitor the level of absence and sickness within the team and take corrective action following HR guidance.
- To undertake any other duties consistent with the nature and grade of the post as necessary or as requested.
You may be required to perform other duties within your capabilities.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven leadership and managerial experience in a supervisory role
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good level of analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated, pro-active nature
- Computer literate
- Experience with car parking equipment desirable but not essential
- Experience with cash handling
- Must enjoy working outdoors.
- Experience of working with members of the public
- Must by physically fit
- Smart appearance
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Discretion and trustworthiness
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Ability to remain calm in difficult/demanding situations
What’s on offer:
- Life Assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free on-site parking whilst on duty
- Free Airport parking when you go on holiday (subject to availability)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on Fred Olsen Holidays
- Discounts with Airport retailers including the Navigator Restaurant and regular employee sales at World Duty Free
- Comprehensive training package and Fantastic career development opportunities
- Full uniform provided
Starting salary £23,795 per annum for 40 hours rising on 1 April 2023 to a minimum of £25,698 – this will be backdated once pay negotiations have concluded.
How to apply: If you are interested please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter/e-mail explaining why you would be suitable for the role to [email protected]. Please note if you have not heard from us within four weeks please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, undertake a Criminal Record check and provide 5 years of checkable referencing history.