We are currently looking for motivated and hard-working team members to join our expanding Ground Handling Team.
Hours – Shift patterns including early mornings, afternoons and weekend shifts.
The Arrivals Agent role is varied and challenging, day to day you’ll be responsible for:
- Directing passengers through Customs & Immigration as required
- Assisting colleagues in other areas of the airport to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and bags etc remain with the passengers upon arrival
- Record and trace lost baggage using a world tracing system.
- Provide visible guidance for passengers whilst embarking and disembarking aircraft to ensure their safety.
- Maintaining the highest standards of safety and security always
- Aircraft Cleaning
- Other duties as assigned
No previous experience is required as we pride ourselves in offering full training which includes classroom and on-the job training; however, you do need to have:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language (an ability to speak additional language would be desirable)
- A passion for excellent customer service
- An ability to deal with difficult and challenging situations
- An ability to learn and use airline specific computer systems
- Your own transport to enable you to travel to the Airport at times when public transport is not available (this is very limited)
- A flexible approach to work as shift patterns as these vary according to the demands of the Airlines
Salary is 16,894.80 per annum (£10.83 per hour) – for a 30 hour week.
What’s on offer
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Life Assurance
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free on-site parking whilst on duty
- Free Airport parking when you go on holiday (subject to availability)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on Fred Olsen Holidays
- Discounts with Airport retailers including the Navigator Restaurant and regular employee sales at World Duty Free
If you are interested e-mail your CV along with a covering letter/e-mail explaining why you would be suitable for the role.
Please note: If you have not heard from us within four weeks please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, undertake a Criminal Record check and provide 5 years of checkable referencing history.