We are recruiting for Airside Ramp Service Agents.
To provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment.
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Load/unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include baggage tugs, baggage carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with BIA Handling Ltd Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security always
- Aircraft Cleaning
- Other duties as assigned
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to understand the English Language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift
- Able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
- A full driving licence
What’s on offer
Competitive Salary, Pension, Uniform, full training
How to apply
If you are interested please e-mail your CV along with a covering letter/e-mail explaining why you would be suitable for the role to [email protected]
Please note if you have not heard from us within four weeks please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.