Backpacker Travel Insurance
Travellers who plan on going away for longer than 3 months, or who plan to work or study continuously for up to 2 years will find Backpacking Travel Insurance to be the perfect option. Thanks to Bournemouth Airport’s partnership with Essential Travel you can benefit from award-winning backpackers insurance.
- From £11.19
- Work/study and travel for up to 2 years
- Insured for 1 trip home (of up to 14 days)
- Anyone from 18 - 45 years old
- Choose from 4 regions for cover
- Add extra cover your policy
Policy at a glance
- You have to be 18 - 45 years old for the Backpacker policy
- Your policy includes cover for 1 trip home and can accommodate up to 2 travellers
Can I tailor my policy?
Not only do you get to select the appropriate region for cover, but you also choose the degree of cover and opt for extra cover that you may need.
If your public transport is delayed at your final point of entry to or exit from the UK or the Republic of Ireland due to bad weather conditions, you can claim for cover. You need to have been delayed for at least 12 hours while under an Essential, Essential Plus or Superior cover option. Your cover may include:
- Unused travel and accommodation (if not covered by hotel/ transport provider)
- Unused prepaid charges (if not already covered)
This insurance is arranged by Essential Travel Limited, specialist travel insurance intermediaries. The service includes: Providing you information relating to your insurance needs; arranging your insurance cover with insurers to meet your requirements, helping you with any ongoing changes you have to make.
Essential Travel Limited are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority No 300175. M.A.G is a marketing company promoting travel insurance in association with Essential Travel Limited.